Wednesday 13 February 2013

Hawaiian Jewellery

Hawaii

Hawaiian prints have been slowly making their way into the limelight - well they got there in the end! Vogue have placed Hawaiian prints in the top 15 trends of Spring / Summer 2013. Think birds, leaves, flowers, greens, blues and reds. Designers like Kenzo and Isabel Marant have all included this trend within their 2013 range.
Image above - Hawaiian trends in Vogue.

Hawaiian Jewellery Trends all include the typical features for example birds and leaves etc. I have started noticing products popping up in high street shops like Topshop and New Look. The Hawaiian jewellery I have seen tends to have a unique vintage look with a slight flash of colour along with a bird or leaf pendant.




I have tried to experiment with this look by creating a bracelet (see picture on right). I used peach freshwater pearls to create a flash of vintage colour and also to represent shells. I used a bird connector to join the pearls and chains together to give the bracelet it's unique flare.



I used a leaf pendant at the end of the extension chain (see picture on the right) to give it that added Hawaiian look.










I also tried to experiment with this look by creating some earrings (see picture on left). I used the bird connectors like on the bracelet to give the earrings that Hawaiian flare. I used purple Swarovski element xilions to give them their vibrant look.









So keep your eyes peeled for this unique look and WOW your friends with this latest trend!




No comments:

Post a Comment